Tuesday, January 04, 2005

My Blog deflowered

My friend Michael decided that I should create a blog. I guess it's a bit more humble than sending those impersonal mass emails... but I have friends with blogs, and they are all geeks! (Just kidding Hilary, Michael and Mike).

All right, I'll give it a shot.

I live in Calgary. I've just moved here. I haven't worked here yet, which freaks me out a bit. The irony of quitting my job in Toronto and moving to Calgary is now I have the time to go and work these cool gigs in other parts of the world. But as far as actually settling in here in CowTown...? I have a social life, but no work life. And I'm not used to that.

So I've been to Dubai recently. Some other Canadians and I were really lucky and with the fabulous Winston Morgan as our leader, we fearlessly boarded business class and set out for the Dubai International Film Festival. Our trip was a wild experience, filled with hard work, incredibale scenery and service, amazing and different people and yes, the Persian Gulf.

Now I find myself in a 2 week limbo before the next gig: the Sundance film festival in Park City Utah. It is going to be an absolute blast with some of my best friends: Shane, Hilary and Cheryl. We craftily created a team of talented goofballs to run one half of the new Racquet Club venue.

I'm still debated the merits of the next gig after that, which is down south... the hitch is the pay is dreadful. I'll keep you up to date.

This is Oliver signing off... reminding you to help control the pet population, have your pet spayed or nuetered. Goodbye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home