Sunday, August 14, 2005

My own personal monestery

I had one of those days today where I was completely solitary. I meditated in bed (ie. slept in late) then spent the day by myself in my apartment. I guess I really can't compare it to being a monk, as monks actually did work, where as I acomplished nothing.

In some ways I treasure the days like today. I only opened my mouth to speak once... I had a 10 minute phone conversation and that was it. I did say "hello" and "thanks" at the grocery store though.

I heard about a person that took one day per week to be silent. I think it's a test of resolve, as well as an practice in meditation. I've thought about trying it, but it's actually very hard, and quite impractical. Therein lies the challenge I suppose.

Anyway, yes... today I was alone. I really enjoy being alone, as long as it's only once in a while. I'm proud that I know how to be alone. It's a way for me to truly relax and rest and sort of re-group for the week ahead.

Part of the reason that I had no plans today was that I was kind of saving it for someone. I'm a bit of a bozo that way sometimes... I make plans in my head with others, and then don't actually make the plans in real life. It suprises me when other people are actually doing other things. But then again, sometimes I'm relieved when the plans don't go through, because then I have a day alone, like today.

Weird I know. Amazing what the subconcious accomplishes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home