Friday, April 04, 2008

The electric current of attraction

I came across this interesting, and optimistic description of sexual attraction. Perhaps this will begin a new chapter in my blog where I post the writings of others that I like.


"But also, you know, people talk about one-sided crushes and unrequited love. In fact, it's been my observation over the years that true attraction is rarely one-sided.

True sexual attraction, if I may be permitted to use an ultra-nerdy simile, is like an electric circuit between two nodes: Both nodes have to be on for it to flow. Everything else is just static. And it's easy to tell static from genuine current. Static's frazzled and weak: no amperage. And it flies off in all directions. "


--

From Friday's Globe and Mail

April 4, 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home