Saturday, August 20, 2005

I Hate The World Today

Oh, he'd hate it if he knew I published that photo. He didn't like it that I took the photo in the first place, let alone show it to anyone, let alone publish it in this blog.

I guess it's not a very adult thing to do.

Also I think it might be a bit vain as well. Why do I get a cheap thrill from knowing that anyone of my friends, or anyone else for that matter could see the photo?

I had a long conversation with an acquaintance of mine about writing. His position is that blogging is self-publication. And that self-publication is the worst form of writing there is. He writes letters. Personal letters to friends, sometimes even with pen and paper. He feels that self-publishing is vanity. I think I see his point. He dislikes the fact that vitually anyone can write any kind of tripe and make it available to the public in the mad attempt to gain some kind of what... notariety? Fame?

I started writing this blog when I moved away from Toronto. Part of the purpose was to keep in touch with my friends and colleagues that I was leaving behind. Since then it's become an important personal activity. For a while I kept a journal. Mostly it was stupid details of all the boys I had crushes on. I wrote it with pencil and paper. To look back and read some of those entries now is mind-bending. It definately helped me through a period of my life when I was involved in drugs in a negative way. It clarified some thoughts and made me realize some things about myself that I might not have otherwise.

I happen to be sitting on my patio right now, which looks out onto 2nd street. That's the second rail thin crack-hoe I've seen walking by in the last 45 mintues. Wow, what must their life be like? I know a little about addiction, but I know nothing about that kind of addiction. From what I do understand, one's life has no purpose other than the next hit. Everything is about feeding the addiction.

Jesus, count your belssings Oliver. Count your fucking blessings.

UPDATE Aug. 22/05, 5:30pm
I have removed the picture, because it was a weird and childish thing to do. Looking back on it, this was a pretty weird post, but that's what I like about the blogging, it's an unedited snapshot of one's mind at the time of publishing. However, the pic had to go.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And wo made you start your shameless self promotion?? who?? credit where credit is due....

Michael :)

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home